Saturday, April 25, 2009
We’re so glad that CAIR Communications Director Ibrahim Hooper took to PRNewswire yesterday to play “Six Degrees of Adolf Hitler” with our friend Robert Spencer, because it provides us with a perfect opportunity to remind our readers that Hooper’s own ties to Neo-Nazis and racism.
Take, for instance, the fact that Ibrahim Hooper’s previous employer, the Islamic Association of Palestine (IAP), published a series of racist tracts, including America’s Greatest Enemy: THE JEW! and an UNHOLY ALLIANCE!.
In CAIR’s unsuccessful lawsuit against Anti-CAIR researcher Andrew Whitehead, his legal response made the following claim:
15. Douglas Hooper, a/k/a “Ibrahim” Hooper (“Hooper”), CAIR’s Director of Communications, also worked for the IAP before joining CAIR. He has stated: “I wouldn’t want to create the impression that I wouldn’t like the government of the United States to be Islamic sometime in the future. . .” Hooper has defended payments of bounties to the families of suicide bombers who kill Jews.
This pamphlet was being published as early as 1988, and continued to appear as late as a MYNA conference in 1994 — at which time Hooper was already working for CAIR (and has so ever since). Thus, Hooper’s tenure, as cited by Whitehead’s attorneys, would have coincided with the publication of this pamphlet.
Another document published by the IAP during this period was the 1988 HAMAS Covenant, along with a translation of the Covenant, which includes this hadith invoking the inevitable slaughter of all Jews by Muslims before the Day of Judgment:
“The Day of Judgement [sic] will not come about until Moslems fight the Jews (killing the Jews), when the Jew will hide behind stones and trees. The stones and trees will say O Moslems, O Abdulla, there is a Jew behind me, come and kill him. Only the Gharkad tree, (evidently a certain kind of tree) would not do that because it is one of the trees of the Jews.” (related by al-Bukhari and Moslem).
This same document invokes the notorious anti-Semitic forgery — and Neo-Nazi favorite!!! — The Protocols of the Elders of Zion:
After Palestine, the Zionists aspire to expand from the Nile to the Euphrates. When they will have digested the region they overtook, they will aspire to further expansion, and so on. Their plan is embodied in the Protocols of the Elders of Zion, and their present conduct is the best proof of what we are saying.
So before Ibrahim Hooper starts connecting the dots on others, perhaps he might want to explain his own connections to these overtly racist materials published by the IAP.
Oh, and let’s not forget that IAP was the parent organization of CAIR.
How many steps between Ibrahim Hooper and Adolf Hitler? None.
(Coming up next! “CAIR’s Neo-Nazi: William Baker” and “CAIR Fundraiser: ‘No to the Jews, Descendants of Apes’”)
Monday, November 24, 2008
November 24, 2008
Justice served: Holy Land Foundation defendants guilty on all counts
It was during the first Holy Land Foundation trial last year that the Muslim Brotherhood memorandum about their “grand jihad in eliminating and destroying Western civilization from within” came to light. This verdict is a huge official recognition of the reality of that stealth jihad, and a huge setback for the likes of CAIR, which was named an unindicted co-conspirator in this case.
“Holy Land Foundation defendants guilty on all counts,” by Jason Trahan for the Dallas Morning News, November 24 (thanks to K.):A jury on Monday determined that the Holy Land Foundation and five men who worked with the Muslim charity were guilty of three dozen counts related to the illegal funneling of at least $12 million to the Palestinian terrorist group Hamas.
The unanimous verdicts are a complete victory for the government, which streamlined its case and worked hard to carefully educate jurors on the complex, massive evidence presented in the trial.
The prosecution’s victory is also a major one for the lame duck administration of President George W. Bush, whose efforts at fighting terrorism financing in court have been troubled, even though the flow of funds seems to be effectively shut down.
It was the second trial where the government attempted to convict the men and the now-defunct, Richardson-based Holy Land Foundation itself. It took the jury eight days of deliberations to reach its decisions — less than half the time it took jurors to deadlock end up with an almost complete mistrial last year on the first go-around.
“My dad is not a criminal!” sobbed one courtroom observer after the verdicts were read. “He’s a human!”
Huh? Criminals aren’t human now? Cut the victimology, “courtroom observer.” For one day, at least, your plots are exposed. But of course, we will see more and more of this as time goes by. Read on.Opening statements at the Earle Cabell Federal Courthouse in downtown Dallas began Sept. 22. Over the past two months, prosecutors attempted to prove that five former charity organizers used Holy Land, once the largest Muslim charity in the U.S., to funnel an estimated $60 million to the militant group — most of it before 1995.
Hamas was designated as a terrorist organization by the U.S. in 1995, and the trial centered on the $12 million the government said Holy Land and supporters funneled to the group after that date.
Defense attorneys argued that the foundation was a legitimate, non-political charity that helped distressed Palestinians under Israeli occupation. They accused the government of bending to Israeli pressure to prosecute the charity, and of relying on old evidence predating the 1995 designation.
Holy Land was formed in the late 1980s, and was shut down by U.S. government regulators in December 2001. The case was indicted in 2004.
Last year’s trial of the same five defendants ended in a hung jury Oct. 22, 2007. Jurors deliberated for 19 days before they deadlocked.
Even before the verdicts were read, supporters on both side of the aisle were prepared to claim a moral victory.
Critics of the government case argued that even convictions would carry an asterisk noting that it took untold millions of taxpayer dollars, 15 years of investigation and two long, high-profile trials to finally convince a jury of the defendants’ guilt.
The strategy now, of course, will be to portray these jihadists as martyrs — a tried-and-true strategy that has been used for decades, going back to the fog of disinformation that for years surrounded that old Communist spy, Alger Hiss:“I suspect that they will be viewed much the same way that Mandela was viewed by the black South African population — as freedom fighters who have dedicated their lives to the liberation of Palestine,” William Moffitt, the Virginia defense attorney who represented two former university professors, Abdelhaleem Ashqar and Sami Al-Arian, said before the Holy Land verdicts.
Mr. Ashqar and Mr. Al-Arian were acquitted in trials in Chicago and Florida on similar charges that they steered support to Palestinian terrorists.
Mr. Ashqar was sentenced to 11 years in prison last year for refusing to testify for a grand jury about his Hamas ties. Dr. Al-Arian pleaded guilty in 2006 to a charge of supporting Palestinian Islamic Jihad and is being held on contempt charges for refusing to co-operate in another terrorism support investigation. But both are viewed as folk heroes by some in the Muslim community.
Mr. Moffitt said Holy Land and the other cases are “show trials” where the government attempted to use “events that happened over 10 years ago” as evidence of crimes well before statutes specifically outlawing terrorism support were enacted.
“I think that the purpose of these trials was to further, in the minds of the public, the so-called ‘war on terrorism,’” he said. “There are legitimate terrorist organizations out there. But we’ve tried to make every group that doesn’t agree with us like al-Qaeda.” . . .
Hamas has gloried in the murders of civilians. That is not a simple matter of demonizing “every group that doesn’t agree with us.”
Sunday, November 23, 2008
No news on what course they’ll serve at the 15th Annual Dinner:
CAIR Sued by Former Clients for Racketeering, Fraud, & Breach of Fiduciary DutiesThank you.
November 24, 2008 — Washington, DC: Four clients of the Council on Islamic-American Relations (CAIR) have filed a federal civil complaint alleging criminal fraud and racketeering against CAIR, a self-described public interest civil rights law firm. The lawsuit also names CAIR’s national leadership as individual defendants.
Some of the defendants were served with the complaint and summons to appear while attending the CAIR 14th Annual Dinner Sunday night in Arlington, Virginia. Congressman Ellison (D-Minn) was a guest speaker at this affair.
The lawsuit, filed in the United States District Court for the District of Columbia, alleges that Morris Days, the “Resident Attorney” and “Manager for Civil Rights” at the now defunct CAIR MD/VA chapter in Herndon, Virginia, was in fact not an attorney and that he failed to provide legal services for clients who came to CAIR for assistance and who had paid for CAIR legal services.
While attorney David Yerushalmi represents the four plaintiffs in this particular lawsuit, two of whom are African American Muslims, the complaint alleges that according to CAIR internal documents, there were hundreds of victims of the CAIR-Days fraud scheme.
According to the complaint, CAIR failed to conduct a background check on Days prior to hiring him and when they did discover his massive fraud, they immediately set about to cover it up. CAIR officials purposefully concealed the truth about Days from their clients, law enforcement, the Virginia and D.C. state bar associations, and the media. When CAIR did get irate calls from clients about Days’ failure to provide competent legal services, CAIR fraudulently deceived their clients about Days’ relationship to CAIR, suggesting he was never actually employed by CAIR, and even concealed the fact that CAIR had fired him for criminal fraud.
“The evidence has long suggested that CAIR is a criminal organization set up by the Muslim Brotherhood and Hamas to further its aims of stealth Jihad in the U.S.,” Mr. Yerushalmi said referring to the fact that CAIR has been named by the federal government as an unindicted co-conspirator in the Holy Land Foundation terror financing trial.
“But our investigation and this complaint makes clear that CAIR’s criminal activities know no bounds,” Yerushalmi continued.
“According to the facts as carefully laid out in this complaint,” Yerushalmi explained, “CAIR has engaged in a massive cover-up of a criminal fraud in which literally hundreds of CAIR clients have been victimized and because of the CAIR cover-up they still don’t realize it. The fact that CAIR has victimized Muslims and non-Muslims alike demonstrates that CAIR is only looking out for CAIR and its ongoing effort to bilk donors out of millions of dollars of charitable donations thinking they are supporting a legitimate organization.”
The complaint also alleges that in addition to covering up the Days fraud scheme, CAIR officials in D.C. forced angry clients who were demanding a return of their legal fees to sign a release that bought the client-victims’ silence by prohibiting them from informing law enforcement or the media about the CAIR-Days fraud. According to the agreement, if the “settling” clients said anything to anyone about the fraud scheme, CAIR would be able to sue them for $25,000.
This enforced code of silence left hundreds of CAIR client-victims in the dark such that to this day they have not learned that Days is not an attorney and that he had not filed the legal actions on their behalf for which Days and CAIR publicly claimed credit.
The four plaintiffs contacted their attorney David Yerushalmi only after they had spoken to Dave Gaubatz, a private researcher who had been investigating CAIR for its connections to the Muslim Brotherhood and its ties to global jihad. Had Gaubatz not informed the plaintiffs of the fraud, they would still be under the impression that Days was a competent attorney representing their legal interests in various lawsuits and administrative proceedings.
The complaint identifies CAIR as a racketeering enterprise under the federal Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act (RICO), which is a criminal racketeering statute that allows victims to sue the defendants in civil court. In addition to damages, the plaintiffs are seeking injunctive relief under this and other statutes to shut down CAIR and to prevent the individual defendants from engaging in public interest legal work in the future.
The named defendants are: the Council on American-Islamic Relations Action Network Inc. (dba CAIR); Nihad Awad aka Nihad Hammad who serves as executive director of CAIR National; Parvez Ahmed who was the chairman of the board of CAIR National during the relevant time period; Tahra Goraya who was the national director of CAIR but who has since resigned; Khadijah Athman who is the manager of the “civil rights” division of CAIR; and Nadhira al-Khalili, Esq., who is in-house legal counsel for CAIR.
According to the complaint, CAIR’s in-house Washington, D.C.-based attorney Khalili was directly involved in taking the legal files out of the CAIR Virginia office and concealing them in the D.C. office.
Also named as defendants are Ibrahim Hooper and Amina Rubin, CAIR’s director of communications and coordinator of communications, respectively. According to the complaint, these two were directly responsible for issuing fraudulent press releases about the Days fraud scheme, thus aiding and abetting the CAIR cover-up.
About David Yerushalmi, Esq.
David Yerushalmi has been practicing law for almost 25 years. He is a litigator specializing in securities law, public policy relating to national security, and public interest law. Mr. Yerushalmi is licensed and practices in Washington D.C., New York, California, and Arizona.
For more information:
David Yerushalmi, Esq.
Law Offices of David Yerushalmi
Saturday, May 10, 2008
Our friends at Anti-CAIR inform us that CAIR’s hired liar, Ibrahim Hooper, recently manufactured a lie to attack WorldNetDaily publisher Joseph Farah. Here’s what they discovered:
CAIR Slimes Joe Farah — Time To Take The Gloves Off?
Joseph Farah is irate. And rightly so.
The highly respected founder, editor and CEO of WorldNetDaily was blatantly slandered last week by CAIR’s communication director, and terrorist supporter, Ibrahim Hooper.
The Daily News had a column that referred to a new book from WND Books called Why We Left Islam: Former Muslims Speak Out.
Looking for a quote from a Muslim about the book, the columnists at the Daily News went to CAIR, specifically, Ibrahim Hooper:.
“This book is put out by WND Publishing (sic), which promotes hate every day on its extremist anti-Muslim hate site. The editor is a guy who suggested air-dropping pig’s blood over Afghanistan.”
What Hooper has done here is exactly how Farah, in an Editorial, describes it:
“Hooper put a target on my back . . . He also uttered a false and defamatory statement about me that has yet to be corrected by the Daily News, has yet to be withdrawn by Hooper and will undoubtedly be recycled in other venues”
Over one week later, and only after Farah’s editorial, CAIR sent this pathetic “explanation” to Farah from it’s legal counsel Nadhira F. Al-Khalili:
“In the interest of accuracy . . . Mr. Hooper was referring to a WorldNetDaily column, presumably approved by you as editor of the website, which advocated telling Afghans that the U.S. has ‘enlisted Afghani (sic) moles to contaminate their water supplies with pig’s blood.”
Mr. Farah is justifiably not satisfied. He told Al-Khalili:
“Your client has an obligation to apologize for those comments and seek correction at the point of publication”
In one area there was some progress. The attorney for the Daily News has told Mr. Farah that they will publish a correction in the near future. The “explanation” given by CAIR’s Al-Khalili, however, is nothing but a middle-fingered salute straight back at Mr. Farah. It is absurd.
See Anti-CAIR’s full press release for all of the details.
In summary then:
CAIR = LIES
Thursday, May 8, 2008
[UPDATE!!!! Just hours after this post went up, the videos below were pulled from YouTube. If you click on them now, the warning, “We’re sorry, this video is no longer available” appears. What are you trying to hide, Ahmed????]
The Investigative Project is reporting that CAIR–Tampa Executive Director Ahmed Bedier may be on the outs with CAIR. Could our rogues gallery above soon be one member shorter?
Who knows, but this is a perfectly good opportunity to review some of Bedier’s greatest hits while he has been in service to CAIR.
As Bedier’s nemesis, Joe Kaufman of Americans Against Hate, reminds us, in December 2005 Bedier refused to condemn Palestinian Islamic Jihad, saying that supporting the terrorist organization was not immoral before 1995. As Kaufman replied:
It is disgraceful for Ahmed Bedier to make light of a cold-blooded terrorist organization, as he has about the Palestinian Islamic Jihad. It is offensive to the memories of all those that died at the hands of this monstrous group! It is equally offensive for Bedier to describe the acquittal of terrorist leader Sami Al-Arian in terms of ‘jubilation.’ Our organization calls on the news media to not seek quotes from this man, but to instead denounce his irresponsible statements.
It should also be noted that Bedier has served as official spokesman for convicted PIJ terrorist leader Sami Al-Arian’s family.
Then, as LGF observed, earlier this year Bedier was caught expending considerable effort to avoid condemning the practice of stoning:
And just this past summer, JihadWatch reminds us that Bedier rushed to the defense of Ahmed Mohamed and Youssef Megahed, two University of South Florida students who were arrested near a South Carolina naval base after they were caught with explosives in their car. When it was discovered that Mohamed had also made a video showing how to turn a remote-controlled car into an explosive device, Bedier was unrepentant:
“The biggest Muslim organization in town saying ‘We don’t have a comment’ on such a big story of the day sends the wrong message like they’re hiding something,” said Bedier, 33. “It’s almost like choosing the lesser of two evils.”
Bedier is saying here, of course, that it was more important for CAIR to flog its agenda than to get its facts straight.
But my personal favorite Ahmed Bedier highlight occurred last year when he appeared on The Glenn Beck Show to attack the Muslims appearing at the Secular Islam Summit in St. Petersburg, Florida. As the clip below shows at about 3:33, Bedier attacks Dr. Tawfik Hamid as a foreigner! Let’s go to the clip:
Of course, if anyone other than a CAIR official had dared to make such a flagrant xenophobic remark, the CAIR press releases would flow like manna from heaven. But when a CAIR official vents their own xenophobia — AGAINST A MUSLIM NONETHELESS! — all is not only forgiven, but ignored entirely.
So let us summarize:
CAIR = Nothing immoral about supporting Palestinian Islamic Jihad.
CAIR = Not ready to condemn stoning
CAIR = OK to defend terrorist leaders
CAIR = Xenophobia
CAIR = Hypocrisy
CAIR = HATE AND TERROR
Sunday, April 20, 2008
CAIR Chairman Parvez Ahmed (left), convicted Palestinian Islamic Jihad terrorist leader Sami Al-Arian (right), and some PIJ “militants” liberating an unarmed Palestinian.
If you currently visit the CAIR website, you’ll notice that 3 of the 5 rotating highlighted articles concerns jailed Palestinian Islamic Jihad North American leader Sami Al-Arian. One of those articles is an editorial co-authored by CAIR board chairman Parvez Ahmed, “Sami Al-Arian Must Be Freed”.
Try as much as you like, you will be hard pressed to find out from the CAIR website exactly why Sami Al-Arian remains in jail, let alone what put him there in the first place. Al-Arian is in prison because he is obstructing justice by refusing to testify in response to a federal grand jury regarding his knowledge of terrorist support activities in the US. The only man keeping Al-Arian in jail is Al-Arian himself, as noted recently by the Washington Post. All he has do to is appear before the grand jury and tell the truth. Then again, telling the truth is something he has had extreme difficulty with.
But as I said, nothing in Parvez Ahmed’s editorial or anywhere on CAIR’s website can you find out exactly what Sami Al-Arian pled guilty of. At the time of his plea deal, the Tampa Tribune briefly described what Al-Arian pled guilty to: “an admission that he continued to aid relatives and colleagues associated with PIJ after it was designated a terrorist group.”
In the actual plea agreement filed with the court and signed by Al-Arian (which he also initialed on every page), we read in full the extent of his terrorist crimes and lies:
9. Factual BasisAll of this was signed off by Al-Arian. So is Sami Al-Arian a “political prisoner”, as CAIR’s Parvez Ahmed claims; or is he the terrorist leader imprisoned after admitting to his crimes in support of PIJ and his continued obstruction of justice by refusing to testify against his terrorist co-conspirators still operating in the US?Defendant is pleading guilty because defendant is in fact guilty. The defendant certifies that defendant does hereby admit that the facts set forth below are true, and were this case to go to trial, the United States would be able to prove those specific facts and others beyond a reasonable doubt:
- During the period of the late 1980s, and early to mid-1990s, defendant Al-Arian was associated with several organizations, including the Palestinian Islamic Jihad. Defendant Al-Arian knew that co-defendants Ramadan Abdullah Shallah (Shallah), Bashir Musa Mohammed Nafi (Nafi) and Mazen Al-Najjar (Al-Najjar) were also associated with the Palestinian Islamic Jihad.
- On or about January 23, 1995, President William Clinton issued Executive Order 12947, which declared a national emergency regarding the grave acts of violence committed by foreign terrorists that disrupted the Middle East Peace Process. Executive Order 12947 prohibited certain transactions, including the making or receiving or any contribution of funds, goods, or services, to or for the benefit of organizations and individuals who were declared “Specially Designated Terrorists.” Executive Order 12947 also made unlawful any transaction that evaded or avoided, or had the purpose of evading or avoiding, or attempted to violate, any of the prohibitions set forth in the Order. By January 24, 1995, the United States had designated the Palestinian Islamic Jihad, Sheik Abd Al Aziz Awda and Fathi Shiqaqi as Specially Designated Terrorists. Later that year, in November, 1995, the United States designated Ramadan Shallah as a Specially Designated Terrorist.
- Defendant Al-Arian performed services for the PIJ in 1995 and thereafter.
- Such services included filing for Immigration benefits for individuals associated with the PIJ, hiding the identities of individuals associated with the PIJ, and providing assistance for an individual associated with the PIJ in an United States Court proceeding. The services are described with more particularity in the following paragraphs.
- On or about February 6, 1995, defendant Al-Arian had a telephone conversation with a co-conspirator and discussed the recent Presidential Executive Order against terrorists.
- Defendant Al-Arian was aware that the PIJ achieved its objectives by, among other means, acts of violence.
- On or about August 25, 1995, defendant Al-Arian filed a visa renewal petition with the INS on behalf of co-defendant Nafi.
- On or about September 1, 1995, co-defendant Al-Najjar wrote a $5,000 check drawn on the Muslim Women Society (MWS) account, payable to World and Islam Studies Enterprise (WISE) which was deposited into the WISE account.
- On or about October 25, 1995, co-defendant Al-Najjar executed an Affidavit filed with the INS in support of Nafi’s alien employment petition. In the Affidavit, Al-Najjar stated that he and defendant Al-An’an had sufficient financial means to fund Nafi’s salary. Al-Najjar further stated that in 1993, he contributed $36,000 to WlSE and that in January and February 1994, he had in excess of $50.000 available to support the operations of WISE.
- On or about October 30, 1995, in the early morning hours, defendant Al-Arian received a telephone call from a co-conspirator in which the coconspirator asked whether defendant Al-Arian had heard that Fathi Shiqaqi had been killed. Defendant Al-Arian indicated that he had heard and then refused to talk. Later that day, he had a telephone conversation with Al-Najjar. Defendant Al-Arian indicated he wanted to meet with Al-Najjar.
- On or about October 30, 1995, co-defendant Nafi made a telephone call to defendant Al-Arian. Nafi whispered during this conversation and defendant Al-Arian said the matter had been complicated and inquires had begun.
- On or about October 30, 1995, defendant Al-Arian had a telephone conversation with a journalist with The St. Petersburg Times. When the journalist asked about Shallah being named the Secretary General of the PIJ, defendant Al-Arian falsely stated that Shallah’s name must have been mixed up with someone else and falsely stated he only knew Ramadan Abdullah Shallah as Ramadan Abdullah. Later, defendant Al-Arian had another telephone conversation with a journalist with The St. Petersburg Times. During this conversation, defendant Al-Arian expressed shock and surprise and falsely stated there was nothing Shallah had done while at WlSE to indicate any political affiliation. Defendant Al-Arian falsely stated that Shallah was not involved in any political activities while at WISE and that Shallah had been engaged in only scholarly work.
- On or about October 31, 1995, defendant Al-Arian and codefendant Al-Najjar caused a facsimile to be sent from WlSE which explained its mission and its experience with Shallah and falsely denied any knowledge of Shallah’s association or affiliation with any political group in the Middle East.
- On or about August 7, 2000, defendant Al-Arian, who was in the Middle District of Florida, had a telephone conversation with co-defendant Nafi, who was in England, about utilizing a contact of Nafi’s in Egypt to obtain travel documents for Al-Najjar. They then spoke about Nafi’s problems with his immigration status in the United States. Then they had a coded conversation about the account to which Nafi had sent money to assist in the defense of co-defendant Al-Najjar’s ongoing INS proceeding.
- On or about August 8, 2000, defendant Al-Arian, who was in the Middle District of Florida, called a co-conspirator, who was outside the State of Florida. When defendant Al-Arian asked co-conspirator if any thing was deposited in his account or his wife’s account, the co-conspirator replied there were “ten shirts” (referring to a sum of money). Defendant Al-Arian then directed the co-conspirator to send nine of them to the account of another co-conspirator.
- Later in the day on August 8, 2000, defendant Al-Arian, who was in the Middle District of Florida, had a telephone conversation with co-defendant Nafi, who was outside the State of Florida, and told Nafi that the issue of “the magazines” (referring to a sum of money) was resolved, but the travel document had not been received from Egypt. They then discussed utilizing the press to support Al-Najjar in his INS hearing by setting up an interview with Abd Al Aziz Awda (Awda) to show that he had the permission of the Israelis to reside in the Gaza Strip. Defendant Al-Arian then asked Nafi for Awda’s telephone number. Nafi told him to call back the next day to get the number. Additionally, they discussed Nafi’s response to allegations in the press that he was a member of the PIJ.
- On or about August 8, 2000, defendant Al-Arian directed codefendant Hatem Naji Fariz (Fariz) to arrange a newspaper interview with Awda.
- On or about August 9, 2000, defendant Al-Arian and co-defendant Fariz had a telephone conversation about causing one or more newspaper articles to be written on Awda. They desired to utilize these articles in the INS hearing regarding Al-Najjar and wanted them to portray Awda as a religious figure with no relation to the PIJ.
Sami Al-Arian has admitted to his terrorist crimes. Time for CAIR to come to terms with them as well. Sami Al-Arian is no freedom fighter or political prisoner; he’s a terrorist thug and a coward for repeatedly refusing to tell the truth about his crimes. Something officials at CAIR can readily identify with.
Sunday, April 13, 2008
Of course, many of these “urban legends” CAIR attempts to debunk are easily verifiable facts.
For instance, the first lie in that document says:
Disinformation: Some law enforcement officials have asserted that CAIR aids terrorists.
Of the hundreds of thousands of law enforcement officials in the United States, only two former FBI members, Steven Pomerantz and Oliver “Buck” Revell, have ever made such allegations against CAIR. It is important to note that these allegations, originally made in the mid-1990s when both men no longer served as FBI officials, remain nothing more than the opinions of men who stand to gain financially by smearing Muslims.
But in fact, the Department of Justice, which is the highest level of law enforcement in the United States, said that very thing in a legal brief just this past December (for more see, “For the Record: Government Reminds Court of CAIR/MAS Ties to Terrorists”):
Moreover, since its founding by Muslim Brotherhood leaders, CAIR conspired with other affiliates of the Muslim Brotherhood to support terrorists. (DOJ Brief No. 07-4778, USA v. Benkahla, Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals, p. 58)
Here’s the image of that section of the DOJ legal brief:
It is true that Steve Pomerantz, former FBI chief of counterterrorism, has said the following:
Any objective assessment of the material presented above leads to the conclusion that CAIR, its leaders, and its activities, effectively give aid to international terrorist groups. Unfortunately, CAIR is but one of a new generation of new groups in the United States that hide under a veneer of “civil rights” or “academic” status but in fact are tethered to a platform that support terrorism. The degree to which these groups are able to deceive the American public and intimidate writers and counter-terrorist officials will be a significant ingredient in whether this country will be rendered more vulnerable to terrorism in future years. (“Counterterrorism in a Free Society,” The Journal of Counterterrorism & Security International 5:1, Spring 1998, p. 26)
Here we see yet another example of CAIR lying to hide the ugly truth.
In summary: CAIR = LIAR
Labels: CAIR Lies